By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Sonoma West Publishers’ website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Sonoma West Publishers’ website;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Sonoma West Publishers at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Sonoma West Publishers' website are provided “as is.” Sonoma West Publishers makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Sonoma West Publishers does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
sonomawest.com services are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly allow children under 13 to register on sonomawest.com. If we discover that we have received any information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected information from anyone under 13 without parental consent, please contact us. Parents should also be aware that there are tools available that help limit your children’s exposure to material online.
In no event shall Sonoma West Publishers or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Sonoma West Publishers' Internet site, even if Sonoma West Publishers or a Sonoma West Publishers authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Sonoma West Publishers' website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Sonoma West Publishers does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Sonoma West Publishers may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Sonoma West Publishers does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Sonoma West Publishers has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sonoma West Publishers of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Story Comments
We either approve or reject comments. We do not edit comments.
We do not notify commenters when their comment is rejected.
The following are our story comment rules:
- Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
- Don’t threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Be truthful. Don’t knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Don’t post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
- Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
- Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the ‘Report’ link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
- Share with Us. We’d love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
- Don’t reveal personal information about other commenters. You may reveal your own personal information, but we advise you not to do so.
- Please turn off your caps lock.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we believe violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.
Questions about story comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Sonoma West Publishers' website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.